This project is read-only.

MVC2?

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:44 PM

we've been using wchm internally -- it's been great. but as the less feature-rich but supported s#arp mvc2 nears closer we've questioning if we should continue using wchm for other/future applications. what's your upgrade plans? do you plan on upgrading wchm for mvc2? newer dependencies?

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I've actually been thinking about that today - most probably, as the codebase is the official demo of sharp arch - we will keep it in sync - which means latest depandancies will be updated and we will migrate to MVC2. I tried updating to VS2010 - but have some issues with the configuration section designer.

How's it working out for you internally?

@HowardvRooijen

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:49 PM

we started building a document management system with s#arp 1.0 but when wchm came out we migrated our app -- and we haven't looked back, only forward, since.

wchm is hands-down the best mvc support framework out -- thanks for your contribution!  there really is no need for us to go to mvc2 but we'd like to know there's going to be some upgrade path available.  i wish s#arp would adopt some of your conventions and assets.  the only asset of wchm we're not using are your tests with mspec.  there's a learning curve to mspec that we can't afford to invest.

again, thanks for your contribution!

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:35 PM

I'm about to work on a new app which will be building on WCHM but will have MVC 2

So I may branch the codebase and have a MVC and MVC 2 version... Am also hoping that James will continue his N2 integration series - as I believe that the WCHM architecture + N2 are a v powerful combination as an app framework.

Thanks for the compliments - I wish some of the MVC team / .NET Celebs would talk about it a little more :(

h

Mar 19, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Hey, 

Yeah, I'm definitely going to continue the N2 CMS branch of WCHM - my day job has just taken over for the last few weeks! One thing that may be of interest though is that out of this, I've been creating a Visual Studio solution template - just like the Sharp Arch one, but to produce a skeleton solution in the same style as WCHM. So, you can be up and running on a new WCHM project in about 30 seconds.

Hopefully I'll be able to open-source this in some form, but it might be a little while yet, but I'll definitely bring it up to date with the latest and greatest. I've just rebuilt a new laptop and have put MVC 2 in there for the first time, so I'm going to be playing with this a lot in the very near future.

James 

Mar 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM

writing the dependencies for lots of views is tediously painful.    i tried creating a template but it became too complicated for me.  having a skeleton for a starting point would be fantastic!  with a template, i'll possibly be able to roll up another wchm app to management :)