This project is read-only.

Sorting

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:16 AM
Edited Jun 1, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Hi

I have a question about the repository. When I use the repository method FindAll(ILinqSpecification<T> specification) and want to apply sorting on the returned list, the sort process will executed in memory. Is there a way to do that on the database?

Thanks!

Daniel

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:08 AM
Hi,

As long as you took the code from Codeplex after changeset 55282 (Feb 3rd 2010) or from Github, and as long as you are using the Linq ordering methods (e.g. OrderBy) on the IQueryable<T> returned by the repo, the sorting should take place on the database. 

If it's not - can you post some sample code that shows the sort executing in memory and I'll see if I can make any suggestions?

Cheers
Jon

On 1 June 2010 07:17, kanielii <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi I have a question about the repository. When I use the repository method FindAll(ILinqSpecification<T> specification) and want to apply sorting on the returned list, the sort process will executed in memory. Is there a way to do that on the database? Thanks! Daniel

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (whocanhelpme@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email whocanhelpme@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 2, 2010 at 4:55 AM

Hi Jon

My mistake - I didnt have the newest source code.

Cheers
Daniel