This project is read-only.

Opening download in VS2008

May 4, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Any way you (or I) can make a download that can be fully opened under VS2008? I downloaded WCHM to learn some best practices for MVC2, and VS will not open the Data and Web projects.

May 4, 2010 at 9:13 AM
Hi,

The database project requires you to have VS Team System 2008 Database Edition installed. We used this when we developed WCHM because it made our lives a lot easier. However because not everyone has this, Howard created an alternative script that can be used to deploy the databases (it's in the Data folder.) The fact that the project doesn't open for those without Database Edition doesn't cause any problems.

For the web project - what message do you get telling you why VS2008 can't open it? Are you able to open other web projects successfully? Have you followed the instructions on the codeplex page (at the bottom of http://whocanhelpme.codeplex.com/)?

Cheers
Jon

On 4 May 2010 03:38, ptiseo <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Any way you (or I) can make a download that can be fully opened under VS2008? I downloaded WCHM to learn some best practices for MVC2, and VS will not open the Data and Web projects.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (whocanhelpme@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email whocanhelpme@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 4, 2010 at 9:31 AM

If the web project hasn't been recognised - it sounds like MVC 1/2 hasn't been installed.

/Howard

May 4, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Correct on both counts. I installed MVC 1 (only had MVC 2 on this new machine) and was able to open the Web project. My bad. I somehow had read this project was MVC2-based. I re-read the home page and saw my mistake.

Thanks.

May 4, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Hmm - you might need to look at one of the other branches for VS2010 support. Tho I'm pretty sure main branch should be MVC2...