Help configuring MSpec

May 6, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Edited May 6, 2010 at 2:02 PM

i know this isn't the right forum for this question but given your recent efforts toward vs2010 and your use of MSpec , you may have some guidance.

rig: win7 64bit, vs2010, whocanhelpme v2, TestDriven.Net 3.0, Reshaper 5.0, MSpec 0.3

i recently started a new project and want to use mspec.

(1) copied Machine.Specifications.ReSharperRunner.5.0.dll and Machine.Specifications.dll to JetBrains\ReSharper\5.0\Bin\Plugins\Machine.Specifications (2) copied Machine.Specifications.TDNetRunner.dll  to TestDriven.NET 3\Machine.Specifications

when i try to run the test i get this error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Machine.Specifications

i don't know where this error is coming from. 

vs2010 menu -> ReSharper ->Plugins shows the MSpec plugin.  vs2010 menu ->ReSharper -> Options -> Tools -> Unit Testing also shows the MSpec unit testing provider but it doesn't show any details when i click on it as does MSTest and nUnit.

i found this: http://marcinobel.com/index.php/mspec-bdd-installer/ which didn't work.  i also tried this: http://eduncan911.com/blog/registering-mspec-runners-for-testdriven-net-on-windows-x64.aspx which also didn't work.  now i fear i screwed my registry.

any guidance?

Thanks.

Coordinator
May 6, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Have you unblocked the dlls (alt-enter > unblock) - if there were downloaded from another zone windows will block them loading until you manually unblock them.

/h

May 6, 2010 at 3:17 PM

hmmm, i didn't know about unblocking but that isn't my problem.

does my setup appear correct?

Coordinator
May 6, 2010 at 3:51 PM

For StyleCop for ReSharper we install the plugins into the following directory: %APPDATA%\JetBrains\ReSharper\v5.0\vs10.0\Plugins

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM

This is late, but I just learned to update my plugins at the same time as my spec projects mspec dlls -- mismatches between the plugin and your project will also result in a FileLoadException on version. MSpec version 0.3.0.0 had the same version on two different builds -- one DLL was 54 KB, then it became 60KB under the same version number.